Friday 9 December 2011

Are Harbhajan and Geeta Basra engaged?


Mumbai: Are they, are they not? We are talking about none other than the cricketer-actor jodi of Harbhajan Singh & Geeta Basra! First the rumours were about dating and now of an engagement

However, Miss Basra isn't too happy with the grapevine this time around. She feels that rumours of an engagement are harming her career, which is yet to take off.

"He (Harbhajan) is a dear friend. Look, everyone in this industry has a personal life. I am not saying I am single or not single. Beyond that, whether we are getting married or not...I am not getting into all that. I am here to work really hard. And it hurts to hear my hard work being trivialised by such rumours," she said.

"I've shot a terrific item song for Zilla Ghaziabad. Rumours of an engagement or marriage at this juncture would definitely harm my career. There is no <i> shaadi </i> on the anvil. Such talk will take my career 10 steps backwards. I can't afford that. When producers hear such rumours, they will obviously say, 'Isski to shaadi hone wali hai.' I've been hearing such talk for three years. How come I'm not married yet?"

Reacting sharply to the latest engagement rumours, Geeta said: "I've been getting updates about my private life in the papers. Now they're even drawing up a list of the guests. Let me set the record straight. He (Harbhajan) is my very good friend. But we aren't getting engaged or married. My personal life is my personal life. No way am I going to use it to stay in the news."

Refuting the January engagement rumours, Geeta said: "I am not getting engaged. Maybe he (Harbhajan Singh) is. You've to ask him. Forget enagagement or marriage, I am starting a new movie in January. Let January come and the world will know. Why do I need to say anything? As per reports, Itni baar hamari breakup aur shaadi ho chuki hai. I feel there's no need to clarify anything.

News source by:- http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/item/182121

No comments:

Post a Comment