Sunday 18 December 2011

'Andrew Symonds is a lovely guy,' says Harbhajan

Indian off-spinner Harbhajan Singh says that he is glad that he and former Australia all-rounder Andrew Symonds have left the infamous "Monkeygate" scandal consigned to the pages of history.

Harbhajan and Symonds had become sworn enemies when India's tour of Australia in 2008 exploded courtesy of a racial vilification charge against Harbhajan after he called Symonds a monkey.

India threatened to quit the tour when Harbhajan was suspended for three matches, but it was averted when the International Cricket Council (ICC) overturned the ban.

Harbhajan now says that he and Symo do not have any problems at all and have become friends after playing with each other in the Indian Premier League (IPL) for Mumbai Indians. 

"I think Andrew Symonds is a lovely guy. I have played with him at the Mumbai Indians and I found out he is a really good guy. I understand him now and I think he understands me," Harbhajan told The Sunday Mail.

"I am really happy he is enjoying his life and all I want is the very best for him. I know some people have said that we don't get on too well. We had some problems, but that is all in the past. We are friends. We played well together for Mumbai," he added. 

News source by:- http://cricket.yahoo.com/news/

No comments:

Post a Comment