Thursday 22 December 2011

England skipper Strauss eyeing two more Ashes victories

England skipper Andrew Strauss is aiming to win two more Ashes series against Australia.

He would become the first England post-war captain if his team wins the Ashes series four times consecutively under his leadership.

England had won the ashes in 2009 and 2011 under Strauss' captaincy, and he wants to lead England against Australia for the 2013 Ashes series. 

"Playing in back-to-back Ashes tours would be a realistic goal. But I'm not going to say that is definitely what is going to happen. There's a lot of cricket to be played. We will see where we are in 12 months, then another 12 months and go from there," The Mirror quoted Strauss, as saying.

Strauss, who has made 89 Test appearances, is excited to take on future challenges. 

"I'm still excited about the challenges ahead. As long as I'm motivated and playing well and feel there is still space in the side for me, then I want to continue. If I take it one series at a time then hopefully I will be playing well enough to keep going for a while yet," he added. 

News source by:- http://cricket.yahoo.com/news/

No comments:

Post a Comment