Tuesday 20 December 2011

Things not going my way in last few innings: Hussey


Australia's veteran batsman Mike Hussey says he is in a good frame of mind and is doing his best to prove his critics wrong during the forthcoming four-match Test series against India starting with the Boxing Day Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Three months ago, Hussey was in a great form hitting 463 runs at an average of 92.6 against Sri Lanka. But he has performed badly against South Africa and New Zealand scoring 83 runs at an average of 11.86.
The 36-year-old's poor run continued Sunday night when he made a duck in Perth Scorchers' 31-run loss to Hobart Hurricanes in Big Bash Twenty20.
'I haven't really taken much notice of the external stuff at all to be honest. I haven't really read a newspaper, haven't really turned the TV on since we lost the Test match down in Hobart,' Hussey was quoted as saying by the Herald Sun.
'I pretty much just tried to get away from it for a week, or for a few days anyway. I still feel like I'm in a good frame of mind. I still feel like I'm hitting the ball well in the nets. But that's the way batting goes. You're going to get times when things go well for you and you've got to cash in, like what I was able to do over in Sri Lanka.
'And then there's going to be times when things don't quite go your way and unfortunately the last few innings that's what it's been like for me,' he said.
Hussey also said that fellow batsman Shaun Marsh, who injured his back last month, would take part in this week's three-day batting camp in Melbourne for the Boxing Day Test.
News source by:- http://cricket.yahoo.com/news/

No comments:

Post a Comment